FBC Cameron offers the Preparation for Marriage Program (PMP) to engaged couples. PMP is rooted in a solemn and abiding commitment to the sacredness of Christian marriage and may be the most important of all your plans for a successful marriage!
*If your wedding is going to take place at First Baptist Church Cameron, you and your fiancé are required to participate in the program.
If you’re getting married at another church or venue, you are more than welcome to enroll in PMP; pastors from other churches recommend our program to couples marrying in their churches.
A specially designed curriculum is available for couples who wish to enter a marriage based on Jesus Christ. Register online for your preferred option by clicking on the quick link related to the option you are interested in. Only one person per couple is required to register and pay. Once registered, we will contact you and provide further info. If you have any questions, please contact us at 254.697.6477 or email@example.com.
2-on-2 — Work through the premarital curriculum with an older, married (facilitator) couple; sessions typically in their home. 2-on-2 is perfect for couples who want a more personalized approach; best suited for couples who have at least 4-6 months before their wedding. Visit the 2-on-2 page for additional information and to register.
Engaged Couples Workshop
Engaged Couples Workshop — Workshop (Friday night/all day Saturday) held at First Baptist Church Cameron. Attendance is limited to a maximum of 12 couples. Visit the Engaged Couples Workshop page for additional information and to register.
Engaged Couples Workshop Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
Our Preparation for Marriage Workshop is in heavy demand. We have more couples wanting to attend a Workshop than we have openings. Please know that, if you make a commitment to attend a Workshop and cancel, you may be taking a spot of another couple who desperately wants to attend.
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE WORKSHOP
- If you are registered for a Workshop and cancel or want to switch to a future Workshop within 7 days of the Workshop (“7-day cancellation/rescheduling period”), you will be charged a $100 cancellation/rescheduling fee.
- If we are able to find a replacement couple, you will not be charged the $100 cancellation/rescheduling fee.
- If you cancel/reschedule within the 7-day cancellation/rescheduling period and a replacement couple is NOT found, you will be refunded the remaining balance after the cancellation/rescheduling fee ($100), SYMBIS fees ($30), and any counseling session utilized ($50/session) are deducted. If you wish to reschedule to a future Workshop, you will not be registered for that Workshop until you pay the $100 fee (if applicable).
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING MORE THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- If you cancel before the 7-day cancellation/rescheduling period and wish to attend a future Workshop, you will not be charged the $100 cancellation/rescheduling fee.
- If you cancel before the 7-day cancellation/rescheduling period and don’t want to attend a future Workshop, you will be refunded the remaining balance after SYMBIS fees ($30) and any counseling sessions utilized ($50/session) are deducted.
The Counseling Center at FBC Cameron reserves the right to waive the cancellation/rescheduling fee at its sole discretion. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 254.697.6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Preparation for Marriage Program is part of established and uniform wedding policies of First Baptist Church Cameron; such policies are coordinated through the Wedding Director. All Preparation for Marriage Program services offered by FBC Cameron are aimed toward one supreme goal—the establishment of Biblically-based, Christ-honoring and Spirit-led marriage relationships.
If you have any questions (including cost and availability) regarding your participation in the program, please contact the Preparation for Marriage Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 254.697.6477.
If you are marrying at FBC Cameron, the payment for the Preparation for Marriage program is handled through the website, unless you need to pay in person. If you’re not marrying at FBC Cameron but would like to participate in the Preparation for Marriage program, please contact the PMP Coordinator at the number or e-mail listed below.
If you’re marrying at FBC Cameron and plan to participate in another church’s premarital program, you must advise the Counseling Center that you have completed a similar counseling program. Written document or evidence from this program must be submitted at least 30 days prior to your wedding date.
If you are marrying here at FBC Cameron, we ask that you read the document Premarital Covenant Agreement. This will be a document that you and a minister on staff will cover in your meeting together.
Twogether in Texas
The state of Texas has begun a program called “Twogether in Texas,” and we have been approved to provide pre-marital counseling in this program. The desire of this program is “to build a community where marriage is valued and strong families can contribute to the success of the great State of Texas.” As an approved program we are able to give you a certificate of completion that can provide a deduction of $60 in your marriage license fees. Upon completion of the program we will give you the certificate.
For further information about “Twogether in Texas,” you can visit the website TwogetherInTexas.com. We look forward to being a part of your story together.
For questions, please contact us at 254.697.6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.